Enhanced safety measures in place
Questions? Contact Us
BOOK A TOUR
What does a visit to Grand Caverns look like post-COVID-19?
For over 214 years, Grand Caverns has been committed to providing safe, fun and educational tours to the public. Nothing has changed this; not even COVID-19. As Virginia and many of its businesses begin to reopen, we will still provide the same fun, educational and safe tours as before, with a few additional procedures in place. With that said, please continue reading to learn what a visit to Grand Caverns post-COVID-19 entails.
- All Grand Caverns staff members are required to wear face masks, as are all visitors in Virginia.
- Currently, tours and facilities are operating at a reduced capacity.
- Reservations are required! If you arrive without a reservation, we cannot guarantee you a tour. Check-in is still located in the Stone Lodge/gift shop.
- Reservations can be made online, here; or over the phone at 540-249-5705.
- Our cavern, gift shop, and cavern entrance building all have enhanced cleaning, disinfecting and sanitization protocols. Each area has a staff member dedicated to the hourly procedures and as needed for all high-touch surfaces
- We have implemented a six-foot social distancing policy for all non-family/same household members.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the ticket counter in our gift shop to ensure guests and staff are close enough to hear one another and still remain safe.
- FDA approved disinfectants are being used in all areas of cleaning. Handrails in the cavern, all doorknobs, counter tops, bathrooms, and other high-touch areas are thoroughly disinfected once every 60 minutes.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located in the gift shop and cavern entrance building.
- Social distancing guidelines render our Fountain Cave Adventure Tours and Historic Off Trail Tours temporarily unfeasible. We hope to offer these again soon, once social distancing restrictions are eased.