For over 214 years, Grand Caverns has been committed to providing safe, fun and educational tours to the public. Nothing has changed this; not even COVID-19. As Virginia and many of its businesses begin to reopen, we will still provide the same fun, educational and safe tours as before, with a few additional procedures in place. With that said, please continue reading to learn what a visit to Grand Caverns post-COVID-19 entails.
- All Grand Caverns staff members are required to wear face masks, as are all visitors in Virginia. Currently, tours and facilities are operating at a reduced capacity.
- Reservations are required! If you arrive without a reservation, we cannot guarantee you a tour. Check-in is still located in the Stone Lodge/gift shop. Reservations can be made online, here; or you may make reservations by phone by calling us at 540-249-5705.
- Our cavern, gift shop, and cavern entrance building all have enhanced cleaning, disinfecting and sanitization protocols to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
- We have implemented a six-foot social distancing policy for all non-family/same household members.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the ticket counter in our gift shop to ensure guests and staff are close enough to hear one another and still remain safe.
- FDA approved disinfectants are being used in all areas of cleaning.
- Handrails in the cavern, all doorknobs, counter tops, bathrooms, and other high-touch areas are throughout disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located in the gift shop and cavern entrance building.
- Social distancing guidelines render our Fountain Cave Adventure Tours and Historic Off Trail Tours temporarily unfeasible. We hope to offer these again soon, once social distancing restrictions are eased.
What To Expect At The Pool:
- Pool staff will check the temperature and ask a brief series of COVID-19 related health questions of each guest before admittance.
- Every two hours, the pool staff will conduct a 15 minute disinfection of all high contact areas, which requires all guests to exit the pool. Use this time to reapply your sunscreen!
- Masks are required any time you enter the bathhouse, but they are not required while you are in the pool.
Guests should maintain 6 feet of distance between other non-family or non-same household guests at all times, including in the pool.
- Please note that some features may not be available.