Fall Festival Living History
Grand Caverns Fall Festival Living History
October 3, 2015
Grand Caverns will host the Fall Festival Living History on October 3, 2015, 10am-4pm. We will host re-enactment groups from different time periods demonstrating the daily life of a Civil War Soldier, WWII Soldiers, Vietnam Soldiers, living history demonstrations, and of course we will have ladies dress in their lovely gowns.
There will also be Military vehicles, antique and classic vehicles, and much more. COme join us and enjoy period clothing and food to include apple butter, bean pot, ice cream, and much more.
The day will include a variety of livning hisotry demonstrations such as flintlock demos, soap making, and an assortment of crafts.
The entire family will be able to experience the hisory that makes the area and its residents who they are today. Park admission is free.
Groups and demonstrations participating throughout the day thus far:
- Flintlock & Firearms Demos- living history demonstrations
- History Mobile
- Panel Diplay- An AMerican Turning Point
- Wood Working Demonstration
- Folk Art Demonstrations
- Quilting and Sewing Demonstrations
- Antique Machinery Display
- Campfire Cooking Demonstrations
- Applebutter & Soap Making Demontrations
- Photographer will be available
- Crafters demonstrating their crafts
- Civil War Re-enactors demonstrating the daily life of a soldier and firing cannons
- "Teaser" tours during the day available for a discounted price
- Food vendors
- If you are interested in participating or have questions, please call 540-249-5705.
Throughout the Day 10am-4pm
Evening 5-8 pm
-Advance Tickets Required---$25.00 per Person-
Candle Light Tour of Cave
Ball Inside Cave
Music provided by 3rd Maryland Volunteers
Caller- Becca Dennison
Advance Candlelight Tour & Ball Ticket Request:
Limited to 100 tickets
__________Tickets@ $25 Each= $_______________
Mail with payment to: Grand Caverns, POB 478, Grottoes, VA 24441
The information contained on this page is for general purposes only and may not contain the most current information. For answers to more specific questions or concerns, or to receive the latest information possible, please call the Grand Caverns main office.