Grand Caverns Heritage Day
Grand Caverns Heritage Day
June 15, 2013
Thanks to everyone for making the second annual Heritage Day on June 16, 2012 such a success. We hope to have an even better day in 2013. Please join us to celebrate our rich heritage on June 15, 2013. Daytime activities are free and public is invited.
The day will end with a Candlelight tour and ball inside the Grand Ballroom. Music provided by the 3rd Maryland Volunteers. Candlelight Tour and Ball tickets available in advance and are limited to 100 tickets, so please purchase early. Light period refreshments will be available in the educational building to ticket holders during the ball. Ball tickets must be purchased prior to May 15, 2013.
Due to a generous donation from Sally Farabaugh, we will also offer a free swim day at our pool on Heritage Day from noon-7 pm. Our pool does have a maximum capacity, so please be patient and you will get the chance to swim. Enjoy the free Heritage Day festivities while waiting!
Groups and demonstrations participating throughout the day thus far:
- Flintlock & Firearms Demos- living history demonstrations
- Shelley and the Cornerstones-12-1 at stage area
- Many Nights Ahead-1-2pm at stage area
- Various musical groups throughout the day around the park
- Candlemaking Demonstration
- Wood Working Demonstration
- Folk Art Demonstrations
- Quilting and Sewing Demonstrations
- Antique Machinery Display
- Beekeeping Demonstration
- Spinning Demonstration
- Campfire Cooking Demonstrations
- Applebutter & Soap Making Demontrations
- Photographer will be available
- Crafters demonstrating their crafts
- TeePee and the life of a Mountain Man
- Civil War Re-enactors demonstrating the daily life of a soldier
- "Teaser" tours during the day available for a discounted price
- Food vendors (Ice Cream, Shaney's Shack, Mama's Caboose, Judy J's, Little Sis, Granny's Goodies, Grandma's Lemonade, and Papa Johns will all be here) and demonstrations available
- If you are interested in participating or have questions, please call 540-249-5705.
Throughout the Day 10am-4pm
Evening 5-8 pm
-Advance Tickets Required---$25.00 per Person-
Candle Light Tour of Cave
Ball Inside Cave
Music provided by 3rd Maryland Volunteers
Caller- Becca Dennison
Advance Candlelight Tour & Ball Ticket Request:
Limited to 100 tickets
__________Tickets@ $25 Each= $_______________
Mail with payment to: Grand Caverns, POB 478, Grottoes, VA 24441
The information contained on this page is for general purposes only and may not contain the most current information. For answers to more specific questions or concerns, or to receive the latest information possible, please call the Grand Caverns main office.